How to commute to Talisay?

Anything under the sun that is has nothing to do with boats.

Moderators: lncc, pinoypiper

How to commute to Talisay?

Postby lncc » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:31 pm

Now that the boat is at TLYC, I may just want to leave the car at home so the firstmate can go do her chours while I'm out sailing :). So how does one get to Talisay anyway from EDSA?
lncc
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Postby Biel » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:44 pm

There's a bus line that travels all the way to Tagaytay City, then take the jeep that travels the Talisay Road to TLYC. Call Mermaid, she knows best.
Biel
Admiral
Admiral

Postby lncc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:31 am

Mario or anyone, please PM or text me Mermaid's cell number. Thanks.
lncc
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Public transpo route via Cubao - Tanauan - Talisay - TLYC

Postby weremermaid » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:44 am

source
From EDSA early AM, there are buses from Cubao heading for Tanauan. There is a bus depo right beside Ali Mall, Cubao, it is on the side of the old COD or Marikina Shoe Expo.

If riding from Cubao, the bus fills partially at 5am and gets going at 6am (probably other trips at an earlier time), runs down EDSA. I remember it picked up passengers along EDSA specially from the stretch before to the Magallanes MRT station. It may try to pick up passengers under Ayala MRT in that case and along Greenhills as long as there are no MMDA railings. Just tell them to drop you off at the transport area heading to Talisay.

Tanauan
By about 7am, they boot your sleeping self off nicely but firmly near a corner in Tanauan. Perpendicular to the main road in the corner is the tricycle line. Take one tricycle (pay full fare to rent it 'solo' I think P30, if not it will wait for many people) to take you to the jeep stop to Talisay.

Jeep stop is a biggish lumpy yard (muddy in wet weather, dust bowl in summer) and the next jeep in line rolls up to take passengers, so wait about 10-15mins before it finally gets moving. Jeep ride cost was under P200, maybe under P150 or less, can't remember right now.

Heading for/ and into Talisay
The jeepney takes an hour+ thru a very scenic route (and familiar route, if you've previously passed thru there by car) thru gently rolling hills. People board and depart throughout the route, the last stragglers in Talisay town's main road or in my case, I asked to be brought to the Talisay Market.

Went shopping for breakfast and fresh meal ingredients since I already had the cookset. If you know anything about cooking squash flower veggies, they have it, but they do have fish, kakanin and lots of nice veggies.

To TYLC, at last
Then it's a trike ride (est P30-50) from the market or Talisay town to TLYC.

_________
Note: Don't buy the ground coffee from Talisay market BTW, it's lousy - wimpy flavor and no kick whatsoever. Best to bring your own pre-ground Barako from reliable sources and of course your moka/ french press/whathaveyou coffee making thing.

Note 2: Was traveling with my big mountaineering backpack (had my camping, cooking, sailing gear, etc), crutches and 2-piece kayak paddles but these all survived the trip in trike and jeepney unscathed. Much commentary in the market place though.
Last edited by weremermaid on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
weremermaid
Captain
Captain

Postby lncc » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:57 am

Great post Weremermaid. How about the route through Tagaytay?
lncc
Davy Jones
Davy Jones

Untested bus transport to TYLC

Postby weremermaid » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:01 am

Results from Googling the interwebs grapevine

1. Crow/ Crown Bus Line (to Tagaytay)
source

Destinations:
Manila - Tagaytay, Nasugbu route. Buses ply Manila to Tagaytay on a daily basis, from 8:00 AM to 6:00PM.

--
Crow/ Crown Bus terminal - rear of Chowking @ the Pasay MRT station, MRT, EDSA cor. Taft Ave., Pasay

--
Chowking - Manila hotline 702-8888
-> ask them for the Chowking @ the Pasay MRT station #.
--> Chowking @ the Pasay MRT station: ask if CROW bus is in the terminal beside them.

--
Directions:
Tagaytay is an hour and 15 minutes drive from Manila. Take the bus bound for Nasugbu & Balayan, Batangas.

From the Tagaytay ridge, take the jeepney heading towards the road heading down to Talisay. At the corner from the main ridge road is the jeepney line but what time these travel downwards, have no ideal.

2. Alps Bus Lines “Antonio L. Perez and Sons (to Tanauan, Lipa or Batangas)
source

Quezon City

--
Directions:
From Manila, take the ALPS or Tritran bus to either Lipa or Batangas City. There are bus terminals in Ali Mall, Cubao, EDSA opposite Nepa Q-Mart, or Buendia-Taft.

Take the bus (Alps) from EDSA opposite Nepa Q-Mart. Get off at the Tanauan bus stop. Get a trike going to the jeep terminal bound for Talisay.

3. BLTB “Batangas Laguna Tayabas Bus Company” (to Batangas)

Destinations:
Alaminos, Batangas, Calamba. Iriga , Legaspi, Lipa, Los Banos, Lucena, Naga, Nasugbu, San Pablo, Tagaytay, Sta. Cruz

--

--
work 833-5501 to 06
work 833-5508
work 913-1525

4. JAM Transit/ “Tritran” ---> Beware the Tritran scam

Destinations:
Batangas, Quezon and Laguna provinces south of Manila. First trip 4am.

Quezon City

--
Contact
work 541-4409
work 924-7712
work 831-4390

Beware the tritran scam(according to at least 2-3 reports on the net)
A “raket” known to be being perpetrated by Tritran/JAM bus company since they have a lot of buses:
- All fares are collected first
- driver declares there is something wrong
- passengers are asked to disembark and ride the passing buses
- bus driver goes back to EDSA area or Alabang to pick “other” passengers
- THEREFORE, their total fare collection is twice the capacity
Last edited by weremermaid on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.
weremermaid
Captain
Captain

Postby Biel » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:35 am

Good God!! That's a regular atlas you posted!!!
Biel
Admiral
Admiral

Return to The Bilge